Tuesday 9 December 2008

The Superiors

This must have been one of the first video peaces I found in my search for the ideology of progressive powers. I saw the program title and was a bit dazed, thinking it would have been a mock-up to the likes of me and other Youtubers who spend the hours of our days with our finger tips tied to the keyboard and the earphones glued to our ears. But "HEY!", as it came to be legit [boiii! WESTSIDEEE!], my excitement blew through the ceiling, as if I possessed a new-found superpower for exploding my brain cells over the wonders of cyberspace.

YES, if you were asking, it's Fine Art.

This is a 10 part series to the seemingly real life superhumans, each who have obtained unique and scientifically unexplainable abilities. Brilliantness, in all its glory.
GLORY GALORE.

This is just the first episode, shall track down the others soon as


...I can be bothered.

Loose Women is on.

You can't touch sh*t like this.



Next step in this journey of joy: View them all. Annotate...

"You know you would prefer it critically, but it's up to you John. Just depends how good a student you are..."

Oh fineee. Critical analysis it is. Only on the good ones though.

*Now when I say "good", I don't mean that "It's cool. Wish I had a power like that. Cool. I like it. Makes me wanna play Dragonball."

Now that's a complete lie. Tenkaichi 3 for the win baby!

But with a more detailed exaplanation. In terms of it's relevance to my project. It's possibilities in giving it a 'superhuman' signature. It's connection with human evolution. And most importantly




IT'S COOLNESS



Oh! Oh! Oh! And for your information. I had the Film Studies class yesterday, with the Shocking Cinema presentations (if you cared to read the earlier post. BLESS!), and I didn't even have my film scene shown - The shame.
Now I could get all whiney and be "I put in the effort you bunch of ******* greedy selfish ****s! But hey, there's no need to complain. I done the task because I wanted to, regardless of if I tried bragging about it in class or not. All it done was let me sloth in to the class chair that little bit more.
Which is capital-A-ACE!
Most of the other students showed the likes of gore-filled horror like Saw. But there was the odd couple who presented a different perspective to the shocking theme. Demuth showed Kes; the scene where there is the family argument, which errupts as little Kes discovers the- actually, I'm not gonna tell you. Gonna have to go and watch it, hahaaa! And Skinner played the ending to Lakehouse. Very interestong film. Plays with the effects of the connection between people in seperate time lapses. Shall watch that indeed.

But the best piece for me was from the likes of Dunsford (who is a complete genius in the arts of sculpting. Might get him to make my house sometime.), with Pan's Labyrinth. I found it a very unsettling view, I can't deny it. It was along such similar lines to my focus on This Is England. The brutality. The framing. The emotions. It really did shock me, as my expectations to Pan's Labyrinth were fixed on the idea of it being a pleasent fantasy.

Oh how wrong I was

No comments: