Saturday 13 December 2008

The Sixth Day

... of Tuam blogging! It's nice to be getting stuff down here, sharing with the world 'n all.

As you can see, rather work-based - and who can blame me! Been a week of wonders for the Gazelle (or Goat for the challenging, Lewis.), mainly for my search of articles and videos on Human evolution, as well as stuff on superhumanness - I know, that's not a real world; yet.

But it will be! JUST YOU WAIT! Shall be in all dictionaries worldwide come the next year! First stop - Wikipedia XD

Been chucking everything together for Film Studies also, all the hours of frustrative work has started to pay some dividen goodness. Let's just hope I can keep up the motion through Christmas.

Now I say 'hope', and that worries me.
"Hope is a dangerous thing." Morgan Freeman/Red
Man I fricken love The Shawshank Redemption, I stuck to my plan and made a transcript to all of the special feature footage. It was over four hours of useful yapping. You tried that before? Writing up all the words to a video/audio piece? I've done it before. I think not two weeks back, to all the commentary on Se7en.

SUICIDEEEEEEEE! [Go play some TimeSplitters, please!]

And for that reason, I then done something which almost felt like slothing, compared to the mind-mashing of film quoting - Play the film, with commentary by director Frank Parabont, and just keep my ears open to anything to do with the beast that is Morgan Freeman. He can be my grandad any day - ANY DAY.

Gosh, I am 50% KO'd, and I thought I had enough resting today. Didn't get out of bed until 1, disgraceful I know. My body was almost in a paraletic state, due to the overwhelming, constant rush of utter relaxation. And that was quite remakable, considering the amount of Slothspace I give myself every night.

'Tis my workstation!

This meant I missed out on two things. One, the beginning of H & Andee's christmas challenge! We done it last year, split the Fine Art class into two teams, and then design and make the best outfit.
This is still, to this day, diabolical. Our team stuck to the Christmas-fricken-theme!, yet we lost!
Society... I tells ya.

The second thing, Sir Ian Mckellen. He made an appearance at Wells todays, I think for the second time. My tutor, who's a gay drama teacher, has very good relation with the wizard, and as the school was celebrating - well, notifying at least - Gay Pride Week. So Mckellen made a visit, had some talks with students (and rumor has it that a close friend of mine shook hands with him, lucky tosser), in addition to presentation viewings on the knighted actor and Gay Pride awareness.

Oh well, can't win them all. I did get into school in the end, but Sir Ian was long gone come the time Mr. Unpunctual strolled through the Welling gates with his flashy pass card, which he had to pay for as he lost the first one.
Oh yeah baby, I know how to live the life of a 6th Form Student!
So I went into honourable H's room, and printed away, as it is the only reason I dedicate so many hours to the classroom now [Darn those HP printers and their disfunctional ways!]. But not to fear, I got to take full advantage of Well's lazer jets, printing 30+ pages on:
Subliminal Advertising - Past and present techniques, alongside Guerilla Marketing research.
Check it outtt.
Human Evolution - Future possibilities. Different races, forms, and attributes.
Check it outtt!
And my transcripts I wrote up on from my 3 disc edition The Shawshank Redemption set
Nothing to check outtt!
Had the lady round after all of the educational jumbo. Which was very... pleasant :)
STOP PERVING! YA FRICKEN, PERVS!
It's our bussiness, go get your own fun!
Come the evening, we took a trip to a slight stretch beyond The Broadway, and joined some friends at the cinema. *Important note: FILM IS A RELIGION TO US, get youst to it.
We watched Inkheart. Can't complain too much, it was a nice movie. Easy watching, brilliant for a lazy day in when not even the mind wants to be active. But I guess you could say that's its downfall. The narrative is smothered with too much additional information, as our eyes were chucked back and forth between various characters, which suggested that the writers tried to hard in dragging the storyline along in order to make a 90+ minute film. Yet saying all this, it had Brendan Fraser, who is a charming and witty actor, whose forever a lovely sight to my eyes. And come on, the magical creatures! Bringing masses of story characters to life, was so cool to watch - Unicornnnn! XD
Oh, and it had Helen Mirren, and she's top notch. Particularly in Inkheart for her simply diabolical motives and actions, which was all very humerous coming from a truely "WTF!" perspective.
So all in all, been a good week. Friday alone dished enough justice to tag the second week of December: Coolness.
Ooooow now there's a thought! Christmas! And as the 13th has arrived at this time in the morning, time to scoff down another 1cm squared chocolate piece from the advent calenderrr, YUM! Let's just say it's a midnight treat as I will now do some more work, until someone in the house wakes up, forcing me to "GET IN THE F****** BED!".
Here's something to leave you with. As at school we have a Blogger of The Week Award (Who won the first award baby!!!), I can't help but make note of what my favourite blog I've come across this week. And it's gotta be Design Scene's stuff on Oppenheim's architecture project. It's truely wonderful, I was thinking of the likes of Dubai prior to seeing this in the week, so it all made a truely beautiful session of fantasy whilst in the LRC.
Duck Out!

No comments: